10 Fisting tips & tricks
1. Find a good douching technique that works for you. If you have to do it for too long your insides can get irritated, making fisting afterwards painful. Some techniques and tips can be found here.
2. Set up your play area to create the mood but also with safety in mind. If you have only your bed or sofa available, protect it with a playsheet and/or old towels. A sling or fuckbench is an investment, but so much more comfortable (you can find them here for affordable prices). With some red lighting you can create an intimate and sexy atmosphere. Do not forget cleaning products like a spray, kichen paper and a trash bag or bin.
3. Mood music is essential for most people. Start with something slower and relaxing for the warm-up, and later you might want to switch to something more up-beat for your harder fisting, if it comes to that. Our two recommendations are DJ Jon Doe’s “Food for the Soul” on Soundcloud, and Mixcloud’s Deep House genre.
4. Play with toys. Discover alone what you like and become a pro at your own hole. The benefits of playing alone include having complete control over what happens, not needing to communicate what you want, as well as having the space to truly relax and take your time. This is a great opportunity for experimentation.
5. Play with experienced versatile players. The fisting community consists largely of guys who are 50-50, so they can teach you how they do it from both sides. Most bottoms are sometimes happy to top as well and the fact is that ´best bottoms are best tops!! If you do it with a 100% top, make sure he’s one who is understanding, sensitive and experienced, so he can also help show you what works and knows how to treat your hole right.
6. Experiment with different positions. Each person’s anatomy is slightly different, so find out which positions work best for you.
7. Find out which lube, gloves and poppers work for you. Purchase them yourself rather than relying on other people, it shows you care and know what you’re doing, which is attractive and reassuring for your playmates.
8. Communication with your top is essential. This isn’t like fucking, you need to be able to discuss what is pleasurable and what is not, and to feel that the top is sensitive to what your hole needs (I call this “listening to the hole”). If you aren’t connecting with your top, it’s possible the fist won’t feel very sexually satisfying. Communication doesn’t need to be with words, it can also be through eye contact, facial expression, touching, moaning and even breathing.
9. The psychology of bottoming for a fist can be a bit complex. My most helpful hint around it is to practice meditation, in order to expand your ability to relax and be present. There are many meditation apps available, and youtube has a plethora of courses as well.
10. Don’t make yourself wrong when fisting doesn’t work. Sometimes you aren’t as horny as you thought, or your butt is too tired, or some other circumstance means your mind cannot relax and you can’t get in the mood. These times will happen. Leave it, love yourself, and look forward to next time because that feeling will definitely come back again.